Geography Of Egypt

Read Complete Research Material

Geography of Egypt

Physical Geography of Egypt

Egypt is one of the largest countries in the Arab world. It is located at the intersection of African and Asian continent (the boundary between them is the famous Suez Canal linking the Mediterranean and Red Sea). Egypt occupies the northeastern part of Africa and the Sinai Peninsula in Asia.

Egypt is located in north-eastern Africa area, which is approximately 1,001,450 square meters kilometer. The northern coast of the country is bordering the Mediterranean Sea and part of the East Coast - the waters of the Red Sea. Egypt is sharing its borders with Israel (North), Libya (East) and Sudan (South).

Egypt links the north-east Africa and southwest Asia. Its maximum length from north to south is 1,025 km and from east to west is 1240 km, ranging from the Atlantic coast to central Asia in the east stretch of desert. Red Sea, the maximum depth reaches 2359 meters, stretching from north to south and 1932 km from east to west for 306 km. It is replete with shelves and coral reefs, rich marine flora and fauna, including several species of sea turtles.

Egypt is situated in the latitude belt of deserts, which runs through North Africa, South-western and Central Asia, and includes the greatest on Earth, the Sahara desert in North Africa. Therefore, 96% of its territory accounts for arid deserts, where there is practically no water and vegetation. The remaining 4% are found mainly in the delta and the Nile Valley, which has always been focused almost all of agriculture and the population of Egypt. The area of this important area is only 40,000 square meters miles.

The shores of Egypt are along the Mediterranean Sea to the north and the Red Sea to the east. Although the total length of shoreline is quite large, there ...
Related Ads