Human Resource Information System

Read Complete Research Material


Human Resource Information System

Human Resource Information System


International regulatory compliance is a phrase that strikes fear in the hearts of many HR professionals. This fear can be directly attributed to a lack of knowledge with respect to the details around the country-specific compliance requirements and to the associated risk due to the lack of compliance, as well as to the absence of a framework for assessing (auditing) the organization's adherence to compliance requirements. “[An] issue for regulatory strategists is the prevalence of “stability” biases that create a tendency toward inertia. The impact of such biases is acute in regulatory settings because the typical career track of successful executives in many industries—save highly regulated ones, such as telecommunications or electric utilities—doesn't involve exposure to government issues. As a result, those executives often are personally ill-prepared for shifting political winds that boost the importance of regulatory issues and are prone to under invest in the regulatory skills of their organizations or to delegate without exercising sufficient oversight.” As this research from McKinsey demonstrates, many global HR organizations do not understand the considerable risk their organization is exposed to without having a global compliance framework in place. Clearly, if your organization is located in 50 or 100 countries around the world, this can be a daunting undertaking. Fortunately, a modern global human resource information system (HRIS) can be a useful tool to help the global HR professional build a framework and track the complexities associated with comprehensive compliance. There are many different global HR systems on the market that can support the key HR processes - from employee recruitment to termination, including benefits administration, total compensation, absence management, time tracking, payroll, as well as talent management with learning, performance, career, and succession planning modules. Vendors and platforms aside, what all global implementation projects have in common is an enormous challenge with regard to the differences and peculiarities found in each region and in each country on the deployment roadmap (McEvoy, 2000).

Critical success factors for HRIS

One of the most important tools for effective and efficient Human Resource Management is the deployment of a Human Resource Information System (HRIS). A HRIS can be defined as a database or a set of inter-connected databases designed to store and record information about the employees to help the managerial decision-making. The critical success factors for HRIS are as follows:

Focus on a repetitive process mode "test - error"

Do not give in to "all at once" a month late for a tested solution that works rather than three reports a week with bugs

Focus on the opening (changes)

Do not focus solely on the initial investment: process management & animation, availability, operating costs etc..

To provide real convenience to users: Beware of gadgets, better focus on the necessary

Do not reinvent the wheel: a product that covers 80% of needs is often preferable to a heavy and expensive for developing the remaining 20%

Meeting the needs of all stakeholders (in reality)i.e.e DG, managers, users ...

Advanced features make sense only if the basic features ...
Related Ads